Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Friday, February 6, 2009

Teasprings Lu An Gua Pian

This is the first tea I'm reviewing that I did in my Gaiwan. This is a green tea from China it comes from the Lu An county, and according to teaspring it is one of the best from that area.

I used the amount shown in the picture which basically coated the bottom of my 100 ml gaiwan, 2 leaves deep.

1st infusion: 160 deg. F. 60 seconds
Nose: Light asparagus, and a sweetness almost like honey suckle.
Palate: very vegetal, almost creamy, as it cools the sweetness emerges, and a hint of grass also comes out.
Finish: Hint of Broccoli, and light spiniach.

2: 154 deg. F. 60 seconds
Nose: Sweet, and mixed veggies
Palate: Vegetal with a hint of grassy astringency, smooth mouth feel.
Finish: Less broccoli, hint of grassiness( a pleasant astringency).

3: 154 deg. 120 seconds
Nose: sweetness again, with fresh cut grass.
Palate: mouth feel is a little rough from astringency, its mostly just overwelming grass right now.
Finish: dryness, with a hint of roast potato.

4: 154 deg. 90 seconds
Nose: Grassy Fields
Palate: Less astringent slight sourness, and smoother mouth feel.
Finish: pleasent, almost sterile like dentist cotton balls.

5: 154 deg 105 seconds
Nose Grassy fields.
Palate: light astringency, more watery.
Finish: Slightly dry.

The color of this started out a pale yellow green, and grew greener and greener, something I would consider nearly a transperent lime green near the end.

Overall: I liked this tea very much, though the third steep was unpleasent, though I probably steeped it to long.

1 comment:

Wallknocker said...

You can thank Brandon for that one. He sent it to me in a generous Secret Santa present back in De.

Bottom Banner