Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Friday, March 6, 2009

90's Tuo from Nadacha.co.uk

Nadacha is an excellent source for well aged sheng puerh. I have heard his shu collection is not quite on par with his sheng, but not being one for shu pu, I wouldn't know. I've actually had a chance to converse with nada directly and he is very ameniable and great to work with, the only problem for us on this side of the atlantic, is he is in the UK so prices are in pounds and so is shipping too.

This tea has been aged for over 10 years, Nada believes it to be early to mid 90's and although it was wet stored for a brief spell, it has aged very well.

This tea smells of a fresh wood fire with a fair amount of leaves, and tastes nutty and earthy. It is a master piece and I will have to aquire some more to continue to age myself, as I think this can only improve with age. The finish is a true huigan a long lingering sweetish aftertaste, that is very pleasent, it occures right after it reaches the peek of its earthyness.

This batch I brewed in one of my yixing pots from the Puerhshop, and it is one of the few times I have definitely noticed that a yixing once broken in can round out the flavors of some of the harsher teas like puerh, and make them very very pleasent.

From previous experience with this tea, it looses the powerful earthiness and becomes very smooth and pleasent, but far from watery.

No comments:

Bottom Banner