Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

TeaCuppa Jade Ti Guan Yin

This is the very same Jade Ti Guan Yin that I used for my roasting experiment. I guess it just took my awhile to get around to reviewing it, as I said I was going to about a month ago.

1: boiling, 30 seconds

Nose: Its been quite some time since I've made a green oolong, and this does not disappoint. Raspberries and butter, with perhaps a hint of mint.

Palate: A tartness, like a sour berry, but its rather buttery.

Finish: The sour tartness just sticks with you, and doesn't want to give up, yet has hints of mint.

2: boiling, 20 seconds

Nose: Very buttery, with hints of minerals, and mint.

Palate: hint of orange, but still classic green oolong melted butter like taste.

Finish: some of the tartness from before, with a raw broccoli like aftertaste.

3: boiling, 40 seconds

Nose: Actually starting to fade, but similar to the first two, lots of spring aroma's.

Palate: slightly sour butter, with hints of shortbread.

Finish: Lingering sourness.

This is not horrible, but the sour taste is throwing me off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've tasted a lot of fruit in Oolongs but I have yet to taste a real berry flavor. I'm looking forward to the experience though I'm not sure I'd like it if it were sour or unripe berry. --Jason

Bottom Banner