Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Nothing worse than bad tea.

To start this post off on a good foot let me post a picture of some good tea I had yesterday.

Tea Gallery Keemum

That was Tea Gallery's Keemun, which I was running a test on how well it brewed in a certain tea pot I have, which I had previously only used for Korean Balhyocha. Now this is not a pot pairing thing in terms of matching teas to Yixing, it was mainly a test on heat retention, and whether the filter could adequately hold back the small leaves of the Keemun.

Hong Seong Il Teapot

It preformed wonderfully.

While this past weekend has been wonderful in terms of enjoying tea, I wish it continued into this holiday today. But leaning towards a roasted oolong today, I decided to give a compressed wuyi talked about before here, and here. And I found it absolutely dreadful today. I do not know if I used a bit too much, possibly wrongly adjusting for the larger gaiwan that I was using. It may have also had to do with the fact that I believe the leaf density in these bricks are horribly uneven. I've noticed with many compressed wuyi's that often one half the brick is rock hard, nearly impossible to cause much damage even with a pick, while the other side is still tough, but breakable by hand.

So I am wondering if I should write this off as a failed aging experiment, or break up these bricks and add them to the jar of Wuyi Yancha that has been rather uninspiring by itself or was what was left in a bag that did not have enough for even another small session which I plan on taking to the office when it gets full enough?

No comments:

Bottom Banner