Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What will this years harvests bring

This post might have fit better for a New years post, but the fact that the Spring Harvests season for many teas is just kicking off, it seems an appropriate time for this post anyway. But each year seems to bring all sorts of new surprises in my tea journey, most of which are quite unexpected. Such as last year I had no idea I would fall in love with Korean teas, and discover a love of Chinese Hong Cha late in the year.

But in terms of completely untouched territory I think I am running out of well known area's, I could take the plunge into Taiwanese Oolongs. But what is more likely, is this year will likely be full of me returning to old favorites, as I largely neglected Yancha last year. Either way I always look forward to trying teas I have yet to try, along with repurchasing old favorites.

A few things I made notes of for this year, is I do not want to get so caught up in the Shincha frenzy, and can honestly see myself getting very little Shincha compared to last year, as I do not want to have stock well into September again. I may or may not try a fresh Chinese Green. But I will definitely try and find a new harvest Korean Green to enjoy.

Doo Mool Korean Green

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where do you recommend ordering newly harvested tea online?

Unknown said...

Stop Tracking me,

Depends on the type of tea. A well known favorite for Chinese greens is Teaspring. For Japanese Teas most well known vendors sell Shincha.

I will honestly have to explore and look around when it comes to Korean Greens. But places I will look are Dao Tea, and Tea Trekker.

Adam

Bottom Banner