Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Summer of Gaoshan?

shan lin shi in hong ni (1)

Like a kid that doesn't want to eat his vegetables I struggled to get to know Taiwanese High Mountain oolongs.  Not quite sure why it seemed like such a challenge, I have always liked them when I brew them right, and I brew them right nearly as often as any other tea with similar experience.  Yet, they apparently fell victim to a budget and a routine of enjoying many other teas.  By that I mean when I had the money for an order, they never quite seemed to be in contention for said money.

This summer though I am making a concerted effort to brew and enjoy Gaoshan, and it is going far better than I ever imagined, in fact I think I have been made a convert to the Taiwanese ways.   I can only imagine where this is going to be leading me.  I wonder how long until I start to look up where all the tea mountains are, and perhaps start to get a better understanding of cultivars and growing regions.

No comments:

Bottom Banner