Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Teasprings Jade TGY

Today at the grocery store, I bought several gallons of spring water. This is my first trial using spring water over tap which is known for containing chlorine, Fluoride and other chemicals. Having worked for a Water and sewer district I know its true, but don't worry its for your health.

So I've had this tea many times before, so many that I'm about half way through my 50 gram bag. But with the spring water everything seems so much more pronounced. On the first infusion I'm already sure I'm going to be buying spring water on a regular basis. The nose is honey and orchids, and the taste is a very full cream and flower sensation. Its just slightly rough on the front edge of the tongue. Something I don't dislike but might be able to be dialed away with brewing parameters. The finish was quite pleasant, a hui guan which was slightly dry.

The second infusion smells very floral, and reminds me of a nice late spring day when all the flowers are blooming, especially the Giant Magnolia tree we have on campus. Their is no longer a roughness with a slightly shorter steep. about 25 seconds. Everything about this tea makes me think fresh.

Now I am very convinced that Spring water makes a huge difference, at least if your local tap water, produces less than satisfactory tea.

No comments:

Bottom Banner