Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Teasprings Yong Chun Fo Shou


This tea is very much like a Tie Guan Yin mimicker. Though I must say it is made from substantially older leaves, as they are large in comparison to all the TGY's I've had from the same vendor.

Its hard for me to rate this one accurately as I want to compare it to TGY's, yet it seems to be an entirely different tea. Slightly sweet, but even with shorter steep times it comes across as a bit more bitter, a bit more "mature." It smells like a grassland, dried grasses and wildflowers. And it has a lingering aftertaste, which is less of a taste and more of a sensation of dryness right on the back center of the toungue.

This tea is growing on me. When I first had it it struck me as rough, and somewhat unpleasent. But in learning how to work with it, its turning out to be pleasent, if not slightly tricky.

No comments:

Bottom Banner