Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Mandarins Tea Room High Fire TGY


First off this tea's dry aroma is incredibly appealing, caramel apples, which came out more and more and more as I followed Toki's instructions of opening the bag and letting it sit exposed to the air for 10 days before consuming.

I am making this tea Chao Zhou style, so I crushed a third of my 60 ml pots worth on the bottom and then filled it mostly full with fuller leaves.

The aroma is great, while the Clarity is Impeccable. The aroma has hints of the Caramel apple along with I dare say a hint of fruitiness like its usually found in red wine. The taste is rather amazing perfectly balanced between astringency and sweetness, with an amazingly sweet aftertaste.

Each sip definitely leaves you wanting more, and strangely the sweetness is incredibly cooling.
It was a rather successful Chou Zhou style session as all 4 infusions were nearly identically, though incredibly delicious.

2 comments:

Bret said...

Ah! I never read Toki's brewing info. I guess I should check that out. I didn't get "caramel apples" for me, roasty, toasty goodness mixed with some rather assertive citrus and florals.

Sir William of the Leaf said...

Definitely gonna get myself some of this sometime. I read both yours and Bret's reviews and it sounds quite appealing!

Bottom Banner