Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Missing Tea

Rock and Karatsu Lately I have been missing tea, I still drink it but no where as much as usual.  It is almost as though tea has been set aside for the weekends.  My schedule this semester is really bringing me down especially now that daylight savings has gone into effect.

While I would not say I am caffeine sensitive, it does interrupt my sleep if I consume it to late in the day, and as a rule of thumb I go by if the sun is up then I can have tea.  This is trouble some as now the sun sets before I even have my last class of the day 4 days of the week. So Mondays through Thursdays, are almost always days without tea, unless I decide to have a little bit of sencha or something lighter and start it as soon as I get home.

Thankfully we are getting close to winter break, which will lead to many days off which I can enjoy tea.  I almost wish I had some sort of Holiday tea tradition, but really just enjoying lots of good tea is a good enough tradition for me.

Do any of you have any holiday tea traditions?

2 comments:

Green Stone said...

I'm having the same sort of problem, I'm not drinking enough tea - I've been drinking coffee to keep me going through the dark winter and the exam period.

I have been drinking more Keemuns and Lapsangs, they seem apt for wintry weather.

Cheers,
Kate
http://sagacitea.blogspot.com

Alex Zorach said...

I find my sensitivity to caffeine changes, but there have been times when I've avoided drinking tea or cut back.

Once I took an antibiotic (thankfully briefly) that I couldn't consume even small amounts of caffeine while on, without becoming unpleasantly jittery. That was very unpleasant.

I hope your end of semester goes well! =)

Bottom Banner