Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Caffeination Station

My regular readers of my blog may have noticed a sever drop off in frequency of posts lately.  This is due to both a bad schedule for tea, and just in general being busy with school.  While I could go on about that, the most shocking part is, it now makes it harder for me to enjoy tea when I do get a chance.  To have this story make sense I'll give a little bit of background information on my old tea habits vs my new tea habits.

I used to have at least one solid session of tea each day.  These are gongfu or similar type sessions of tea, and on weekends that would often turn into 2-3 different teas or more.  It was great, the only downside is I flew through tea incredibly quickly.

Now, Monday through Thursday I am lucky to enjoy tea one time, and on very rare weeks I get to enjoy it twice during those days.  Then I almost seem to try and make up for it on Friday Saturday and Sunday.  On those days it would be 2-3 teas each day.  

Alright so, where is the problem?   Well I had actually gotten used to being able to make it through most days with little to no caffeine, and as a result my caffeine tolerance dropped off a cliff.  Whereas two teas in a day would often leave me feeling nice, awake, content, with no real signs of ill effects.  These days if I have two teas, even when one of them is a relatively low leaf to water ratio, I often find myself wired well into the night.

I hope to be able to remedy this issue over the next semester and winter break.  No more night classes, and a great chance to enjoy tea on a daily basis.

2 comments:

Bryan said...

Good Luck, Adam!

Bryan (Bryan_drinks_tea)

Alex Zorach said...

It's interesting how caffeine tolerance can be both a good and bad thing. People often talk about caffeine tolerance in terms of addiction, but it can also have a positive side, which is avoiding unpleasant jitters or insomnia if you have too much of it.

I also find it interesting how the body adjusts and adapts back and forth based on how you change your lifestyle. If you ease into something gradually, the results are usually fine, but if you throw a bunch of something at your body in quantity, the results aren't as nice.

Bottom Banner