Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Always Amazing

Happy little teapot

I had for the longest time thought that there were just some types of tea I was not that fond of, and I would never be able to like.  One by one they are not only being deemed drinkable, but they are suddenly being catapulted onto the list of types of tea to always try and have on hand.  The most recent of which is Taiwanese Gaoshan, I am half way through an order from Stephane at Tea Masters  and I am hooked.  I had a few Taiwanese Oolongs previously but for the most part I think I just brewed them poorly.

It has me reflecting on tea in general, it might just be that I have an incredible fondness for the C. Sinensis.  Moreover when  processing  it honestly doesn't matter if you are fully oxidizing it, pan frying it, steaming it, or roasting it, when it is done with care the end result will always be delicious.  Some people know I have bashed puerh quite a few times in the past, and while that is possibly the tea I am least likely to order more than samples of ever again in the future, there are still some puerh's that are phenomenal even for me.

So as I sit here this morning pondering what tea to have to celebrate my brothers engagement, I am mostly having such a hard time deciding because they are all good.

2 comments:

Brett said...

Nice! I usually enjoy any type of pure tea... but good Taiwanese High Mountain Oolong is my dearest love.

Centranthus said...

I found myself nodding in agreement with this post, and to expand upon it, not just teas that you thought you wouldn't like, but giving a tea you didn't care for another shot! I had to laugh at your closing statement, as it can definitely be related to... (the boyfriend) "what do you want to brew tonight?" (me) "I have to DECIDE?!"

Congrats with your brother. =)

Bottom Banner