Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Anhui Huang Shan Mao Feng


I'm continuing my trek into green teas, with this Sample thrown in with My Jing Teashop order. And with these new blogging rules, I'm hoping a statement as simple as that will suffice as accepting a freebie. Though in all honesty I'm wondering if things such as that should really be declared, as it was in no means preferential treatment hopeing for a good review that this tea was given to me. It was thrown in with my order like many teashops do to encourage people to try teas outside their comfort zone.

I am also working on drinking more of the green teas that I have as I have a feeling come winter I am going to be wishing to drink them much less.

Perhaps its the extra bit of leaf I put in, as I thought the leaves were not that much compact, and the part that I didn't think I had enough for two brews in my large gaiwan. But this tea is potent. Its aroma is all to familiar and in the category of boilied green vegetables. While its flavor is sweet, and pleasingly astringent.

I should note that green teas were the reason I went for this much larger gaiwan, as I like the effect of drinking straight from the gaiwan, yet I felt with leaving a third of the gaiwan full with the root, I wasn't getting as much tea per infusion as I would have liked. So a large gaiwan was the solution.

This tea does do a great job of lasting throughout the infusions though, and is a great complement to this farmers market Zucchini bread I picked up before I started brewing.

No comments:

Bottom Banner