Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Hidden Deals


Occasionally you stumble upon something that is really questionable. Like I've heard stories of China towns both good and bad, and I figured an Asian market would be similar.

Several weeks ago, I went to an Asian market, which I got two teas, one of which is nothing special. But I was surprized when I opened up this box which I could only tell that it was Tie Guan yin, and upon opening it up, I was amazed to see it was a Heavy roast.

Now this tea is nothing ground breaking but if I could find a place to get it regularly I would be thrilled, as it is a great deal for 300 grams for 8 dollars.

The box has little written in English and it is Sea-Dyke brand which a search will give you many results and no vendors offering a thorough selection of their offerings.

3 comments:

Split/Gender said...

I have a smaller box of the same tea (same company etc). It is my FAVORITE Tie Kuwan Yin Oolong I have had so far. Enjoy <3

Nick E said...

that sounds like the sea dyke brand tgy that is sold at puerhshop. i ordered a tin of it with my last order and also thought it was pretty decent.

heres the link http://www.puerhshop.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=24&products_id=509&zenid=c201dd95194055f276c8d51bc00d0489

Anonymous said...

That's why I like ordering tea direct from guys in China who ship it straight to you without any middleman. They aren't losing any money and you're getting an incredible deal on some tea that isn't always bad at all. It works with my favorite, Puerh, as there are sellers from Yunnan on Ebay and such. --Spirituality of Tea

Bottom Banner