Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Outdoor Tea

This post is for the Association of Tea Bloggers September Blog Carnival, hosted by Brett at Black Dragon Tea Bar. The focus of Septembers post is, about Tea Outside I guess a sort of reminiscent of the summer past, and a reminder that there will hopefully be a few good days this fall to have tea outside.

I love to have tea outside whenever I can. While we were really supposed to write about a memorable experience drinking tea outside, I am already a bit tapped out on that as I wrote an article for Tching about how Scenery can make the Cup which is about a truly horrible cup of tea that is one of my most memorable and remembered quite fondly, simply because I was enjoying it on a Patio in Venice, Italy.

So I decided to reflect a little bit about enjoying tea outside, and my dream outdoor tea experience.

Sayamakaori Color

This picture taken while I was enjoying tea outside, and something about the natural sounds and feel of the breeze of being outside is so much more enjoyable.

Though I have aspirations to hopefully in my life undertake what I consider the "ultimate" outdoor tea experience, it involves hiking with teaware up a mountain to a fresh mountain spring, and enjoying tea right there on the mountain side, hopefully off the beaten path, so it is just me and my company enjoying a truly unique experience.

3 comments:

Cindy W. said...

Hi Adam -- followed Brett's link over here and quite enjoyed reading your post. I also love that wonderfully rustic cup and pot in your photo! Where did you get those? They almost create their own scenery. :)

Unknown said...

Cindy,

They are both pinch work (Tebineri) Hagi pieces, and both were acquired as part of a Special offer on Teachat. They certainly are unique, and they are really interesting in person, as you do not really get the soul of a pinch work piece until you hold it.

Marlonm said...

Adam,

Recently discovered your blog and I really enjoy your thoughts and pics. This post inspired me to put up some footage from my recent tea trip through China. Let me know what you think if you have the time:

www.chanteas.com

@chanteashop

Keep the good content coming!

Bottom Banner