Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

2009 Nadacha Naka cake

This tea comes from the Menghai region, from Naka mountain. This tea to put it lightly is bold, a very strong ku. I would not go as far as to say it was as strong as the Bulang, but this one didn't have some of the redeeming qualities that the Bulang had. This is still a solid tea, which I wish I had a cake to forget about for decade or two. This tea is said to come from ~400 year old trees, and as you'll notice while brewing this tea, it is not the usual Large leaves you see in most puerh teas. As Naka is famous for its small leaf tea bushes, of which this tea is made.

Though I must say in the early infusions there was a hint of Licorice and incense wafting from the faircup. The chaqi is very light but still there. The color was a nice bright pale gold throughout 7 infusions.


And now that I have tried all 4 of the Nadacha custom pressed cakes, I have to say the two standouts where the Nannuo Qiao Mu, and the Bulang, but the other two cakes are still very solid and great cakes.

No comments:

Bottom Banner