Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Tea Musings / Andao Tea's Da Hong Pao (Big Red Robe)

Today, I had a session of tea in the manner discussed in The Leaf Issue 1. Now I knew I wanted to write up a review on this tea, to end the Pu-erh steak in posting. Though I'd consider it very fortunate that I read that article again last night, and as I was getting ready to have tea, that I should think of some of the lessons in that simple article.

When I first tried that tea from Andao, I wanted to write it off as under roasted, and nothing a Da Hong Pao or Big Red Robe should be. After having the tea acouple of times, I still never liked it much, but this time I made it all about the tea, had propper posture, and just focused on the tea.

I did not know it would change much of anything. Yet, the tea seemed nearly transcendental, the chaqi from it is still pulsing through my body. I just remember a fruity nose, maybe hints of peach cinnamon, and cherries. And a smooth mouthfeel with a slight bit of astringency. I still have a lingering sour cherry taste in the back of my throat from my last sips.

It seems that focusing on the tea, improved my mood, and my experience beyond anything I would have imagined.

1 comment:

teatimer said...

I agree. Focusing when having tea changes the experience. It allows you to appreciate it more. Like concentrating on your muscle when working out.

Bottom Banner