Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Nadacha 1960's Wang Zi Loose Leaf Sheng

Sometimes you just feel like its a good day, and as it was turning out to be quite a good day. I found out I am giving my first presentation on research I myself have conducted in about a months time. So I decided as the main focus of my summer research is basically over, I figured why wait until tomorrow just for some official date.

So out came the 1960's Wang Zi from Nadacha. I have been background brewing this one for awhile, as it was getting quite thin with steeps in the normal less than 5 minutes time frame.

This tea is not a great tea, but it is solid, and what it lacks in complexity and the ability to sweep you off your feet and proclaim this a tea you would want to drink for the rest of your life. It is a tea that has staying power, I went though about 15 infusions before I started background brewing letting it steep for 10 or more minutes at a time while I focused on something else.

Its chaqi is calming but builds steadily, while this presents itself overall with quite a bit of camphor, it has a slight hint of spices, cloves and black pepper. I think this lacks some of the rave reviews the Cakes from the 60's have, since it is a loose leaf, the leaves have lost a little bit of something to the air.


Be that as it may the early infusions are practically black, going through a burgundy to a decent brown on its way of lightening up.

No comments:

Bottom Banner