Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Signs you might be an addict

Dueling 65ml Shui Pings(1)

Pardon the mess around the edges, but yes, today when brewing this morning I duel wielded ( pardon the video game reference).   The pot on the left contains the second day of 2011 Mandarins Tea Room Tie Lou Han, which while longer steeps, was offering up a lovely woody spice, and dried fruit profile.  The tea on the right, might raise a few eyebrows.

It was The Tea Galleries High Fire TGY.   Yes I know they have been closed for several years, I just happened to have two 50g bags of the stuff in my possession that I have somehow always been overlooking when going for me High Fire Tie Guan Yin fix. 



TTG Highfire TGY

When I opened it I shot for the moon, using over 10 grams, possibly close to 15, smashing quite a bit in the bottom of the pot.  It yielded an interesting brew, though the first 2-3 infusions were overly sour, a sign that it did not like to age well.  But after those it turned into a rather interesting though mild brew.

Though after quite a few infusions, I had to eat a large chunk of Latvian rye bread to get my stomach to stop demanding food.  Either way incredibly enjoyable, and I should attempt this more often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have a pretty awesome collection of ceramics there. Keep up the blog posts. :)

Bottom Banner