Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Tea just helps you be healthy


To my regular readers, I apologize for the title, which sounds very much like those spam adds involving tea.  But I the past 10 months I have been working on becoming more and more healthy, through quite a few different avenues.  To really try and become serious about this, I am hoping to run quite a few races this spring, ideally working towards a half Marathon in May.

The key here is I have realized tea compliments work outs in so many different fashions, before a work out it can help provide the energy boost to accomplish your task.  I have also found it helps me recover from a workout again with the energy boost.   In the winter it is incredibly nice, as it is a way to help warm up, and calm your body down.

Now it is time for the nearly compulsory facts on why tea is healthy.  I am not sure how many of my regular readers has this apply to them, but if you often drink a lot of very sugary beverages or even Sodas/ Pops then simply working more tea into your diet, by say replacing one or two cans of soda a day each by a cup of tea ( assuming you leave out milk and sugar) reduces calorie intake by roughly 200 calories.  

The other fact which should be mentioned, though I have only read this about green tea, but tea apparently boosts your metabolism helping you burn calories quicker. As all teas have nearly identical compounds present, just in slightly different quantities depending on type, so it makes sense that what is true for green tea, is also true for oolong, red, white, etc. to some degree. 

No comments:

Bottom Banner