Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Unexpected Delights!

94 Menghai 8582

I honestly didn't think the weather was that bad today.  So much so that I woke up, and did not even think to check the landing page for campus before heading in for my morning class.  Well while the weather did suck, I have walked through worse, but the best surprise was to learn today was a snow day.  So after warming up in my office a bit, it was time to head back home for a day  of kicking back, turning on the tea kettle, and enjoying a day packed full of tea.


When thinking of what tea to have, I wanted something that would warm me up but was a little extra special.  So it was a foregone conclusion to pull out some '85 8582.  Already 8 infusions in, it is brewing still brewing up nice and black, and I am starting to feel like I slosh when I walk.  But I am happy, nice and relaxed, warm from the tea, and enjoying the nice robust earthy qualities.

While it is not quite the same tea in the picture, it is the same cup I am using, along with a simple gaiwan set up.

What would be the tea you reach for when you have an unexpected but delightful day off?


No comments:

Bottom Banner