Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ippodo Nichi Getsu Sencha

Nichi Getsu Sencha
I recieved an order from Ippodo today, and while I am cutting back on sencha, I am taking the time to try Gyokuro and Matcha. Though this was the sencha I had in the order, and hopefully I can stretch this and my teas into Shincha season (3-4 months?---probably not).

The aroma of this one is very nice, its got almost a candy like quality to it. Though it would be an odd candy as its very fresh, in terms of green leafy vegetables, but I guess what gives it the candy is there is this strong sweetness permeating through the entire aroma.

Its taste is rather sweet, with a slight hint of fish, but I love how it coats the mouth and has an intense lingering sweetness.

From Hagi in Use

2 comments:

Tuo Cha Tea said...

You have some really nice teaware.

Tomas

Unknown said...

Most of my really nice teaware is Japanese, as I was introduced to Hagiyaki through teachat, and decided to get a piece.

Subsequently fell in love with Hagi-yaki, so it has turned into a collection.

Bottom Banner