Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Friday, February 26, 2010

The Way of Tea by Aaron Fisher (Half way Through)

This book is found on Amazon along with possibly other book stores. Now I have been a fan of Aaron's work basically since I got deeper into tea and found The leaf a great online magazine with which he does quite a bit. He also has a blog www.sagacitea.com which I would love to add to the feeds of other tea blogs on my side bar, but there seems to be some sort of inconsistency between how his is formatted and what google wants for it to work properly.

Mukuhara Yunomi

Now anyone familiar with Aaron's work knows he has a passion for the spiritual aspect of tea, and rather enjoys aspects of its history. This book is no different.

So far I have finished the first three chapters which is about half the book in terms of text (The second chapter is quite large). I will say I find this book quite a joy to read, but I have an interest in East Asian religions, and rather enjoy the spiritual aspect tea has, including the idea that you can come to a better understanding of yourself through your enjoyment of tea.

The historical aspects of this book are quite interesting in their own right, even if you are not into spiritual aspects tea has to offer, but perhaps this book might open you up to the idea of being receptive to the spirituality behind tea.

I feel this book is much like a religious novel, in the sense that no matter what level of understanding you are in how you can live your life by tea, and how to fully appreciate tea, you will always be able to take from it information which will help you advance.

No comments:

Bottom Banner