Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Andao Tea Wuyi White Rooster Crest




Another Wuyi Tea from Andao Tea, I wish I could give some facts about this Cultivar but its Chinese name is Bai Ji Guan, and it is one of the Si Da Ming Cong. Besides that I know little, and I have considered learning Chinese to do some further research but that seems to be pretty far on the back burner.

Its color brews up a deep almost coffee like color, it's aroma is chocolate like with a hint of a citrus fruit (ever so slight). Its taste is like a really good coffee, and slightly biting in a bitter sense but still nice. This reminds me of a really high Cocao content dark chocolate.

Andao Bai Ji Guan

The second infusion lightens up a bit, the second infusion smells fruity and is somewhat lacking in taste, perhaps I shouldn't have gone with a shorter infusion.

The third infusion brews up an ruby red with an amber hue to it. I am actually rather amazed at how fresh this tea is starting to smell after the first infusion was so chocolaty. With the longer infusion the mouthfeel I love about Yancha is back, and so is the lengthy dry finish.



The sips have passed,
how many times through my lips?
Tasting just began.
--Adam Yusko

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very evocative tasting notes. Must add this tea to my list.
--http://notesontea.blogspot.com

Bottom Banner