Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Embrace the Green

From Matcha\

I am not normally one to do a special holiday post, but everyone just seemed a buzz with St. Patrick's day festivities. So I said what can I do teawise that is completely green. Well the greenest brew has to be Matcha by far, and I do have that seafoam green chawan.

So I made myself a Large batch of the Green tea powder, and basked the wonderful weather outside.

But on that note, I've noticed my teaclock seems to be off a bit. I really got into green teas, especially Japanese greens during the cold months of the year, which the only seasonal one was Gyokuro which should typically be aged at least 6 months prior to release. Yet now I am really getting in the mood for Wuyi Yancha now that it is getting warm.

So Two questions open to my readers:

Did you enjoy any special teas for St. Patrick's day?

Do you believe that there is a typical "Tea clock" as in you should only drink certain teas at certain times of the year?

1 comment:

Brett said...

Nice choice with the matcha! Nobody will be able to pinch you today.

My Saint Patty's day brew was floating leaves' Taiwan Wuyi early this morning and some Da Yu ling this afternoon.

My personal "tea clock" has always been all over the place. I just listen to my body, even when it says weird stuff like "Hey it's 90 degrees outside let's brew up some Chai."

Bottom Banner