Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Kept 6 months Everyday Shui Xian



A hair over 6 month ago I reviewed this tea the Everyday Shui Xian from Jing tea Shop. And while I said I would not touch it for 4-5 years, I think a 6 months check up is needed to see how it is doing, to see if I am possibly on the right track.

While the dry leaf aroma does not smell nearly as potent, the rise smells a bit on the acrid side. And perhaps my storage method did not do enough to keep moisture out, as it is almost a bit sour smelling. But actually it is quite an interesting aroma, and once you get past the harsh shock of it, its got quite a bit of promise.


While this is far from the best wuyi I have ever had, it is quite an improvement over what was there 6 months ago. A fruit and chocolate profile emerged from the high roast that was there. It actually tastes like a fruit based dessert and coffee all rolled into one tea.

It was certainly interesting, and I feel the tea is much improved. If it will continue to improve is anyones guess.

2 comments:

Sir William of the Leaf said...

What did you store in?
And from what I have seen and heard, a yixing jar is one of the best methods to age tea.
Or is that just a floating myth?

Unknown said...

The porcelain Jar just behind the gaiwan in the first picture is what it was stored in.

And I am not completely sure Yixing is the best for all teas, Loose puerh definitely, but its porous nature might cause it to breath moisture in and out, something which you do not want to happen with Oolongs.

Bottom Banner