Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Bulang, Lao Man Er

Well I'm anxiously awaiting the release of Spring Semester grades, so I decided to pass the time while working through more Puerh Regions. It was nice and rainy yesterday and quite cloudy today, a good day for puerh in my opinion (or just about all teas).

Both of these are the Zhi Ming Du offerings.


Bulang

5.8g 60ml gaiwan.

Initially in the aroma I notice the powdery floral almost tropical aroma puerh is known for this one is a bit more on a powdery side of things. The taste is decidedly like a mild citrus but rather smooth.

When making this one a bit stronger it comes out a bit on the unpleasant side, more so than is typical with a puerh in my mind.


Lao Man Er

5.3g 60ml gaiwan

Mmmm, this one is much more on the floral side with the aroma, with hints of fruits, but really no sign of the powder I pick up in other young shengs. With this I have to say that a taste is definitely there, but it seems much more ephemeral as if always on the edge of perception with it hard to pull into the center and concentrate on it.


I'll be the first to admit, I'm not as good with young sheng as some people, and I am starting to feel it I think another one or two would be trouble so I'll cap it off at 2 today.

I would consider these two cakes rather different, and I'm not really sure which I prefer as they are both completely different. But in terms of casual brewing the Lao Man Er never really got unpleasant with longer steeps.

No comments:

Bottom Banner