Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Friday, May 28, 2010

O-Cha Kirameki Asamushi Shincha

Ao Teb's
Now that it is basically summer, I can fully embrace spring. It has been hectic starting with finals, and working its way through Graduation. But I now own a very expensive piece of paper, and am moving on with my life.

I have been looking forward to trying this tea ever since I ordered it, and the wait was quite long as it arrived at my house about 3 weeks ago, but I only arrived here on Tuesday evening.

I do not know what made me more anxious to try this tea, the fact that I have a new Hagi Kyusu which only works well with Asamushi sencha, or the fact that this tea is quite talked about from repeat O-cha customers.

The first time I had this tea it did not disappoint, and I am hoping it will not today either.

Kirameki Leaf
The dry leaf smells potent, almost grassy and slightly nutty. I do not think the picture will do the first infuions color justice, its clear but almost toxic green in color (at least it appears that way in the blue cup). The aroma is quite nice nutty and buttery.

I went a little ligher on leaf this time, and it is still good. I recommend going heavy on the leaf if you want a very strong umami profile, but at a .6g per oz its like a refreshing soup with hints of umami and dare I say bok choy?

There are teas I try and say I want to order again, though part of this blog is about tea exploration, so I often try many different teas (though I do have favorite vendors), but as such I do not think I have ever placed an order for the same tea twice, but this is definitely on a buy list for next year.


Kirameki Brew


The green grass is constantly growing,
while the days still have the cooling breeze.
Summer is quickly approaching,
but we welcome it with fresh spring teas.
-- Adam Yusko


Green Tea - For Your Health
green tea

No comments:

Bottom Banner