Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Revisit 1996 Chung Cha #7432

I revisited this tea here. I found it much better than I remember it, but from the first infusion I gather that it really was the same tea, and it was only through changing my brewing drastically that it really settled down and was quite nice for me.

That being said, lesson learned, never be scared to change out of typical brewing parameters for a certain type of tea.

1 comment:

Alex Zorach said...

I've also had the experience that some teas took several not-so-successful experimental brewings before I finally settled on some way of brewing that fell fairly far outside the recommendation (hotter for a green tea, cooler for a black tea, briefer for a large-leaf whole-leaf tea, or longer for a finely broken-leaf tea).

And some teas I've just found to be very picky...I really can't enjoy them much unless I brew them a specific way...whereas others seem to come out more or less the same regardless of how I brew them.

I think these occurrences are some of the things that make tea so interesting!

Bottom Banner