Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Monday, May 3, 2010

The Mandarins Tea Room 1960's ShuiXian

This is the second time I have had a tea from the 1960's the first one was a Loose Leaf Puerh from The Essence of tea, this time it is from Toki at The Mandarins Tea Room. And this tea marks the last day of classes for a rather long year, and my last day of classes at my Undergraduate University.

The dry leaves smell more like Puerh than anything else, but its got the distinct Wuyi aroma to it assuring me this is actually Wuyi. It smells more like dried nuts, think Almonds and Walnuts, than anything else.

Dry leaves in a wet and warm pot produces a much stronger aroma, that is similar to tree bark.

With the first infusion I do not know whether to be impressed or dissipointed strictly based on the clarity. Clarity is something I started looking for in tea, and well this tea is exceptional clarity when you consider its from the 60's and a wuyi's first infusion. That being said it has the worst clarity of any of Toki's teas.

The only way I can describe the aroma is heavenly. Fruit and nuts and hints of much much more. For a 5 second infusion this is quite tasty, though I prefer my flavors more overt. The finish though is nothing but overt, full on wuyi roast.

Many more great infusions came out of this tea.

No comments:

Bottom Banner