Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Tea Trekker Ujeon

TeaTrekker Ujeon Leaf
In someways I wish this sample was not included with my order of the other two Korean Greens offered by Tea Trekker. I wish that because this tea was phenomenal, and now I am going to have to figure out if I should order some.

When I read Matts blog, I could sense there was something special about Korean tea's and he is part of what influenced me to take the leap. And it has been an almost Alice in wonderland sort of thing. As I feel that Korean teas offer something so incredibly different that you can not help but wonder if you are in an alternate reality. Just by looking at the dry leaves I knew this was going to be good.

And yes the infusion was basically a slightly tinted water, as in this shot the cups are full of tea.

TeaTrekker Ujeon First Infusion

If I could describe the taste of this tea, I almost feel I would say walk out into a dense temperate forest right after it rained, and simply breath in and out through your mouth. This might sound a bit cheesy but to me this tea tasted like as much of part of life as breathing fresh air and drinking fresh water.



TeaTrekker Ujeon Spent Leaf

What could we call peace?
The calm from a cup of tea,
seems quite suitable.

--Adam Yusko


3 comments:

Kort said...

Wonderful. Now you have me wanting to try it. Details please!
Did a longer seeping generate a darker liquor?

Unknown said...

Kort,

The Longer and later steeps did generate a slightly darker color, but it stayed consistently light in color the whole time.

For this I stuck with my general brewing parameters or Korean Greens:

With freshly boiled water do a quick rinse ( and do not even bother to fill the pot all the way, just cover the leaves the poor off).

in a water cooler let the water cool to the point that feeling the outside of the water cooler it is closer to warm than hot, it should not hurt your fingers even with prolonged exposure. Then the first steep lasts 45 seconds.

Second steep is 20-30 seconds, and increase by 15 seconds from there on out, increasing water temp for each steep slightly also.

Matt said...

Adam Yusko,

Your forest description is so true. See you've caught the Korea tea bug.

Peace

Bottom Banner