Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Yuuki-cha Gokujo Shincha

Gokujo Leaf
So I have had this tea several times now, and the first time I had it I was actually getting ready for a late night tea session but as I was heating up the kettle I crashed, so I turned off the kettle and left the leaves inside my kyusu over night unused. Surprisingly enough, the tea the next day reminded me quite a bit of Gyokuro. Something I did not get so much in later trials of this tea.

So I will have to note this in the future to not acquire so much Shincha, as in all honesty I do not go through it nearly fast enough.


I will say this much, I have been impressed with the Yuuki-cha teas I have tried so far, but then again I have liked just about every Asamushi (light steamed) sencha/shincha I have had recently. This one comes across with incredibly broth flavors, its like a subtle wave of umami that permeates the entire tea drinking experience. It is full of flavor and passes what I consider my primary test in a tea "Do I keep on wanting to drink infusion after infusion, and have this tea over and over again?"



Gokujo color


No comments:

Bottom Banner