Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Teuk Seon Korean Green Tea

Teuk Seon Leaf

So I have developed some sort of love affair with Korean tea, and I think it is here to stay. Since my very first package arrived with Korean teas, about a week and a half ago, I do not think I have gone more than one day without having a Korean green tea.

As such I am still amazed at how little of the packages I have seemed to go through, though that seems to be the fact that the teapot is rather small compared to my Japanese Kyusu's and the cups are definitely smaller, though a hair larger than I prefer for Gyokuro.

I will admit I am still playing around with how to brew, occasionally I rinse, usually I do not, as at least with the Organic tea I seem to get a lot of dust particles either way. But I do love the resulting brew with the first infusion a lot cooler, where the cooling bowl is slightly more than just warm to the touch, for a longer infusion. This time I feel like the first infusion was perfect with this tea, the best I have made with it yet. It is incredibly creamy with a nice almond taste to it. It has a fair bit of sweetness in there also.

So my best estimates on this infusion would be water close to 50C with a steep a little over a minute, but probably not more than a minute and a half.

Teuk Seon Color

The second infusion was also good I went a little long on the infusion it probably should have been closer to or less than 30 seconds, but it only came out in a rather bitter almond character with a bit extra astringency. Other than that it was still a delightful brew.

Something about Korean teas just entrance me and draw me into them completely, I do not know what it is but I surely do enjoy it.

No comments:

Bottom Banner