Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A Korean tea Brewing Video

Sometimes I get the impression people are scared when it comes to Korean teas.  While unlike some Japanese teas, I see little reason why you can't brew them in a gaiwan, or shiboridashi ( of which Korea has a wide variety of similar brewing devices), I think when you see a more traditional style Korean tea set it looks daunting.  Couple that with the fact that in a youtube search it is hard to find a Korean tea brewing video that is not a formal Korean Tea Ceremony.

A bit of an aside on tea ceremony's while I would like to go see them, I am in the camp that you do not need to brew your tea in any particular ceremony every time you sit down to brew.  While I like to borrow ideas from the ceremony, things such as washing the cups in my mind can easily be done in the sink before you actually start brewing.

That being said, enjoy my casual Korean green tea brewing proceedures in my latest Youtube video.


1 comment:

Em said...

I'm glad to see Korea blowing up in the tea world, as it is in academia as well!

Bottom Banner