Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Dealing with Stress

Mid Day Hong Cha

So I do not share a lot of my personal life on the blog, although avid readers will have picked up a few details here or there.  Well yesterday morning I had an incredibly important exam, and I was a huge ball of stress leading up to the exam, but I almost felt worse once the rush from the exam was completely over a few hours after the exam was over.  I think I might have finally shaken the horrible headache I've had nearly non stop for 24 hours.

Several things I took away from this experience is while I usually consider myself fairly capable of handling caffeine, when I am under extreme stress situations, while tea helps distract me and keep me focused, it just serves to make me even more tense in the long run.  Once the source of the stress is removed or dealt with I suddenly realize tea is absolutely the best way to regroup and recover from that stress.

Sit cross-legged at the tea table, listen to the kettle rumble, while going about your tea routine turns into a wonderful way to just let everything reset.  This mornings Yixing Red tea seemed to be the first thing that let me settle down for seemingly a week.   Though I wish I could say I am completely calm, but the test is ultimately in the Committee's hands now, and all I am left doing in critiquing my responses.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now the even more nerve wracking part, waiting for the results! More tea. What will you be sipping when you pass? ;)

Bottom Banner