Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring Cleaning ( of sorts)

Matcha Kotobuki (1)

Spring is coming!  (Or at least I sincerely hope so).  It has been a wild March, which at least in all but the first week of March here in West Michigan our Average high temps are usually decently above freezing, and in the latter part of the month our average temps are usually 50F if not slightly warmer.

In reality this month, this is the first stretch of days nearly all month that we are not hovering basically at freezing. While each week this march has felt like a record on repeat. Sunday is a mild somewhat sunny day, then come Monday through Thursday, a snow storm blows in, Friday it starts to clear up again and get sunny through Saturday and Sunday.  (Lather, rinse, repeat).

So I have been in a wishy washy tea camp, this weird weather, has had me confused tea wise. I've mostly been making my tea choices by what I know must go, with a bit of spring cleaning feel to it.  Work on the perishable green teas, and work on pairing down the number of samples I have sitting around.

Samples! I think all tea drinkers learn to love and hate samples.  We all love trying new teas, and look forward to samples being added to orders if the place has a history of doing such things.  But wow can they add up.  I currently have a plastic bag full to the brim of samples that I am really trying to work down to a certain point.  Part of the problem is some of those are samples I bought because I want to enjoy that tea on a special occasion while other samples are were given of types of teas I do not drink often. 

What teas are you working on clearing out in preparation for the new harvests which are getting ever closer?


No comments:

Bottom Banner