Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Revisting Aged Puerh

80s Wild Arbor Loose Sheng

Do not get your hopes up, I am still more or less hopeless feeling on a lot of Young Sheng Puerh.  I do not think it is horrible, I do actually enjoy it occasionally, but sadly that occasionally is once or twice a month, which at this rate means my young sheng currently on hand will last likely over 5 more years.

Aged sheng is very very nice, and while everyone has a different idea of what qualifies aged sheng, I start to like it when its been stored in somewhat traditional setting for a little over 10 years.  Yet the only puerh I have had older than mid 90's has come in the form of loose puerh, it is still very enjoyable. It doesn't hurt that I caved and got that lovely little yixing pictured above which seems to be working wonderfully with aged sheng, so sadly for my pocket book, it looks like I will need to keep some aged sheng on hand so I can occasionally feed this wonderful teapot.

I am also considering getting back into Tea Reviews, but only make it a once or twice a week post so my blog doesn't get over run with tea reviews. 


2 comments:

Daniel said...

I've only recently started drinking Pu'er teas and have yet to get good at brewing them. I actually have a very similar looking Yixing, but I use it for oolong teas and don't want to use the same one for pu'er. I guess I should just get another one...

Unknown said...

Only get another one if you are sure you will drink that type of tea often enough to warrant actually having one. It took me a long time to get one for aged puerh as it took me awhile to realize I do really enjoy drinking aged puerh, somewhat often.

Bottom Banner