Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

1994 Menghai #8582

This tea already looking rather aged, and definitely more aged than the 96 which I thought was fairly dry stored. And the liquor on this one a nice brown color with hints of a redness to it.

1994 Menghai 8582

I'm brewing it in the 60 ml Zhuni pot, which although I liked it for aged oolong I think I prefer it for aged puerh more so. That and the fact that its hard to consistently find aged yancha in the west, whereas I know of several places I can go to to get quality aged puerh.

Its got a mild camphor aroma, with hints of spices, and its taste is equally spicy with a hint of mint like freshness to it. This tea has a slight bit of strength left but still a very pleasant taste.

The obscured drop

This tea when pushed has a great bit to it, which feels almost powdery afterwards.


This tea is quite long lasting, and good throughout its many infusions. I should note that the leaves are mostly mangled and from larger leaves. But still makes for a very tasty drink.

2 comments:

Trent said...

Really, you don't think that yixing is too thin? I have the same one, and use it for aged taiwanese oolong.

I've never tried it with aged pu erh, but that's only because, in my price range, it would be impossible or exceedingly hard to find a better fit than my 50's shui pin.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to sample aged Yancha too but I'll stick with Puerh as my everyday tea. The Yancha is indeed hard to get in the US and of course it's often not of good quality no matter where you find it.

Bottom Banner