Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My thoughts on Yixing


Yancha Pot
Originally uploaded by Adam Yusko
This photo is of my yancha pot, and reflecting on my most used pot there are some remarks I want to make.

Many people ask questions about pairing a pot with a certain tea and what to look for when considering the pairing.

What I first want to say is Consider your tea habits and its probably only worth while to get a pot if it you drink that type of tea excessively. Or you wish to collect pots and you find that pot exceptionally alluring.

As for pairing with tea the best thing to do is brew several different types of tea in it. But Keep in mind the shape of the pot, if it is tall and narrow its going to be difficult to fit in long twisted leaves like yancha.

This pictured pot is my yancha pot, I like it as its low and flat and can fit leaves in it that are easily several inches long. It is also the pot that has been used the most, and I like how it has developed over these past several months.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As always, sound thoughts! But, I dare ask the questions: where did you get that nice pot and where would you recommend me buying pots? I have two pots from Scott, but I would like so choose from a larger selection of smaller pots. At YS the pots are 200ml++.

Terje

Unknown said...

Terje,

This pot and one other pot I have both of which I enjoy very much, I got from www.zishateapot.co.uk.

They have a decent selection of pots in the 100-200 ml range which are good for one or two people.

As for pots <100 ml it seems you need to watch Nada's site for when he updates his selection.

Bottom Banner