Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Chinese Kung Fu Tea Arts 2009 Da Hong Pao


This is a small store I stumbled upon, and despite my hesitation on some of their older Yancha's possibly from the same source who I believe stored them in the same room they smoked. I was actually talking with him the other day regarding his business. He runs a store through ebay, and if you are in the market for a hand painted Gaiwan he is supposedly going to start carrying them in a partnership with another seller.

But while my conversation with him did not stray far from tea, he seemed very helpful to answer any questions I had about his products, but like any vendor he's trying to make a living so everything must be taken with a grain of salt.

Onto this tea... This tea already shows great promise as its lacking the cigarette smoke aroma and coming off rather sweet and fruity smelling.

The tea itself is very candy and floral smelling, while it tastes like a mixture of brown sugar and butter.


And I am completely sure my new Lins Ceramic Kettle is altering the water I even did a bit of a side by side taste test. And I am really enjoying this oolong, but I do not know if it is the oolong or the altered water, but I'm getting next to no astringency out of this, a bit of a sharpness but no bitter and drying astringency. This second infusion was rather creamy and cooked root vegetables.

All in all I like this tea, but there is little anything spectacular about it other than its sweetness. It is a standard wuyi not quite as complex as others, but perfect if you want to drink a nice smooth and gentle tea, with some flavor.

3 comments:

Bret said...

Thats a really cool kettle. Which model or name is that one?

Unknown said...

Bret, I'll look all over the box and through the little bit of paper work that came with it. I would know but I mentioned I was looking for a ceramic kettle, and a friend heard that while he was in Taiwan and he was going to stop by Lins Ceramic Studio and he offered to pick one up for me.

tieguanyin said...

There is a vendor in Canada that carries official Lin's products. Check out the link. I bought a kettle and teapot from them. Quite happy with both. Bill from Ancient Tea Horse Road has also bought from them. I have an electronic copy of their catalog with prices if anyone is interested.

Bottom Banner