Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Jing Tea Shop Qi Lan

I must say I have one more wuyi to try from Jing tea shop, and so far I have been thrilled, I hope this one does not disappoint. But I'm already guessing it will not as the dry leaf aroma is very sweet like caramel with almost a woodsy hint to it also.


The unfurled leaf is the same huge leaf from The Tea Gallery's Hundred year tree. I pressed it in a book and now I have this little memento.

I should note that I'm boiling the water in my Lins Kettle which should probably be assumed for Aged Teas and Oolongs from now on. Possibly greens also. But I did not like what it did to young sheng one bit, it took away just about all life from it.

I know much has been said about harmony but in my wuyi experience, which on the scale of things is somewhat relative, I have a hard time finding Yancha's that are more balanced. I brewed this strong becaue I wanted strength, but at the same time its pleasantly sweet, but just biting enough to not be cast aside.

Shan Shui Cup

In later infusions the sweetness and bite merge together into a mollasses like taste, and with its color and way it sticks to your mouth I'd almost think I was drinking mollasses.

1 comment:

Ice Creem Dreem said...

Good Afternoon,

My name is Khara and I am writing on behalf of GoldenMoonTea.com. I am seeking out high-quality sites and gauging interest in trying our product.

Golden Moon Tea was founded in 1993 with the belief that tea is so much more than just a healthy, refreshing, good tasting drink.

Therefore, we will never be a mass marketer of tea. Instead, we focus on providing a limited number of the highest quality and unique specialty teas on the market. Golden Moon crafts and tests each tea and blend repeatedly to ensure the best flavor and balance possible. We use only the freshest, highest quality whole leaf teas plucked from tea gardens of proven quality.

Check out www.GoldenMoonTea.com, and find your perfect cup. Search by time of day, mood, cuisine, and much more to customize your own relaxing tea time.

Are you interested in receiving a free sample? Do not hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Khara

Khara@GoldenMoonTea.com

Bottom Banner