Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Gyokuro Rimpo


This is another tea thrown in the swap with a friend of mine. I must say I've been quite impressed with gyokuro-s they truly are a great tea.

The aroma is buttery and vegetal, but there is something about the aroma that is just incredibly comforting. It perhaps has hints of certain spiced fruits (think apple cinnamon). But I love the taste of Gyokuro, its almost miso soup like, but incredibly thick and savory (definitely umami).

Gyokuro Rampo

I'm amazed a really long third infusion brought out this incredibly sweet aroma, and the taste is still holding in there with the umami just starting to fade.

All in all Gyokuro is quickly becomming my favorite Japanese Green tea, if not Tea in general.

1 comment:

Brett said...

thanks for the great review. my mouth is watering. that gyokuro sure looks satisfying.

I've been on an extreme green tea kick lately. My body has been saying "drink tons of green tea and water all day long and I'll be happy."

That's what has been getting me through this super busy time of the year.

Bottom Banner