Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Friday, December 4, 2009

O-Cha Miyabi

Miyabi

This is an Uji sencha which is Medium steamed (chumushi). It comes from O-Cha and I highly recommend the Green Tea gift set, if you are looking to get into some good japanese greens. The best part about the gift set is it includes two wonderful tins which are double lidded and a nice size for the typical amount of a japanese Green you would like to have open at once. When it comes to teaware I've jumped off the deep end, I've fallen in love with hagi.

So as for this tea, its a little less sweet than that Oku Yutaka, and presents more of an pleasing vegetal taste. Its slightly astringent but I liken it to a Cooked Asparagus, cooked just to the point of being soft.


I actually have a hard time describing Japanese greens, as they tend to be completely contradictory with every sip, very powerful, yet very subdued, very vegetal, yet somehow all around pleasing, Maybe I'm showing my age but its like a very healthy dessert, its like having a salad after dinner, but somehow it has this quality that still convinces me I had something sweet.



The leaves are soaking
in a fresh batch of water.
Bliss, a cup of tea.


Green Tea - For Your Health
green tea

No comments:

Bottom Banner