Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Matcha

This is not a review, as it was experimenting with matcha from a source I refuse to mention on my blog. I think matcha might turn into a semi regular thing for me, as the buzz from this was amazing, though the taste was lack luster at best.

That being said I'm glad I got this tea, and I feel its a good thing to keep in mind. Practice with the teas you are less fond of, because if you can make them taste good, its easier to dial in the better teas to make them exceptional. But matcha is a tea I feel needs an exceptional amount of pratice as I think it has one of the most involved brewing procedures of any tea out there, and I'm not talking about the formal ceremony. The effort put in to produce the optimal frothy top is not like pouring from a yixing pot, and I'd say its much harder than pouring from a gaiwan. Though I do say if you burn yourself making matcha you are doing something horribly wrong, whereas its almost common place to have very hot fingers while pouring from a gaiwan.

That being said I think matcha needs to be tried by people, to decide if they like it or don't like it, but I highly encourage making yourself to fully appreciate the effort.

No comments:

Bottom Banner