Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Kung Fu Asian Art Tie Guan Yin

I had two of these packets thrown in with my first order from them. I talked with the owner as this was completely unlabeled, I could only venture to guess that it was some sort of balled oolong, so I was guessing a TGY. This one came in a Golden Foil individual packets, and I believe he said this was either the 09 Autumn Premium or the regular 09 Autumn, I am unsure which.


The dry leaves smell nice, and they do not look the most picturesque, they look about on par with most green TGY leaves I have seen so far.



The color is pleasing, and the tea overall seems incredibly delicate, which amazes me as usually the green TGY have a flavor that cuts through everything and is dominating, this is a subtle mix of many flavors, but perhaps too subtle?

But its buttery, and slightly fruity, but in a non sweet way.

If you push it (steep it extra long) on an early infusion its still drinkable but the non sweet fruity notes are replaced with strong vegetal notes, such as spinnach, and broccoli.



1 comment:

Ian said...

Sounds like an interesting tea. I think I would like it if I didn't over steep it. Though it would be interesting to see if you could get it so that you had the vegetal notes with the non sweet fruity notes. That would be perfect.

Thanks for sharing,
Ian

Bottom Banner