Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

American Hao 906


In a tea swap with a friend, where we were swapping young puerh, he included some of the American Hao series from puerh shop. This one really peaked my interest as I feel with these more custom small batch pressings, it is almost the only way you can assure you are getting what they advertise as being in the cake.

Which with this tea is supposed to be Spring Yiwu and Fall Bulang material.

The color is nice, a bit dark in color, but its clear which is aesthetically pleasing to me with puerh tea. While the aroma is great, hints of anise, with bacon fat. And a fair bit of tropical flowers and fruits.

This tea, is a solid drink now, I usually infusion strong as in 10-15 second first infusions as opposed to flash often needed with young sheng. And this tea's liqour is thick and coating, and has a sensation like honey. With a pretty good Sweet aftertaste, thats common in puerh.


This tea is not strong at all, which is somewhat baffling and confusing the little I thought I've heard about bulang and Yiwu material, though it is a great tea to drink now.

To tell you the truth I have been trying to get used to a new pot, and as I let this steep infuse for 30 seconds, and it is now "powerful" I think I've been less leaves then I probably should.

This tea seems incredibly durable, and yet incredibly resilient, I couldn't really brew a sub par brew with this tea, when pushed it is strong but not overpowering.

No comments:

Bottom Banner