Search the Sip Tip

Looking for something on this site? Use this search to find it.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

OrboroZuki Yame Fukamushi Sencha


This is the last tea of my first order from Japan Green tea, and I must say I love the packaging these teas come in, with the calligraphy, I think Hand Drawn.

This is a Fukamushi (Deep Steamed) Sencha, that is made from Kabuse (shade grown) leaf material.

Its aroma is warm and inviting, and gives off characteristics of flower blossoms (roses maybe), along with a variety of leafy green vegetables. I do not know if it is Characteristic of Yame, or if it is just the teas they search out, but both sencha-s I have hand from them have been impeccably smooth, and very sweet. This is to my cold body (just got in from sawing the Christmas tree in half), a delicious soup that sooths the spirit and soul, in the after taste if when paying attention you can note the Umami flavor that tells you it has been shade grown.

From the Sencha's I have obtained from them I can tell that they search out smooth easy to drink teas. Which makes these great for comfort beverages, and easy sippers. But at times I feel I like a bit of a bite, and I do not know if any of there teas have that, you know a tea that really lets you know its there, while still being completely enjoyable.

From Hagi in Use

(Second Infusion)

People have noted that I have weird descriptions, well get ready for another one. If you could imagine a bunch of different green vegetables mixed together and juiced, but have it be mild on the flavor, that would probably be what this tea is like. Its mild on the flavor but a mix of many green and leafy vegetables, which all together creates a delicious brew.

No comments:

Bottom Banner